Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Characters: By Margie
Gregory: Gregory is the main character who faces difficulty time in middle school. He is also known as the "wimpy kid". He has a good friendship with Rowley Jefferson although Greg often wonders how the two can possibly be friends. Greg's father attempts to get him to exercise and participate in sports. Greg often attempts to impress girls.

Rowley: Rowley is Greg's best friend. He has overprotective parents who dislike Greg, thinking that he is a bad influence. Rowley is childish according to Greg. Rowley gets a lot of attention from the girls in his grade only because he is "cute".

Rodrick: Rodrick is Greg's older brother and is the main antagonist of the series since he often bullies Greg. Rodrick is more of a cruel, lazy, than Greg .Rodrick tries to humiliate Greg several times. Rodrick is not the smartest person in the family,since he does not make any sort of effort at school.Rodrick enjoys staying home being lazy. Rockrick reminds me of my older son, maybe because he is the oldest and loves to pick on his little brother and sister.

Mom: Susan is Greg's mother who is extremely over-reactive and clueless. She constantly embarrasses Greg and appears to not care and she constantly tries to get Greg to enjoy reading and getting good grades at school. She and her husband pay more attention to Manny than their other two sons. I sometimes see my see being like Susan, sometimes I am clueless and once in a while I do pay attention to my little boy than to my other two kids.
Dad: Frank is Greg's father. He is very unpredictable and has a strong interest. Frank is very emotional towards Greg. He is known to be easily bothered by the simplest things and is constantly trying to get Greg to participate in sports and make him more of a man. Frank dislikes Rowley, video games. He seems to be very serious about things that goes on.

Manny: Manny is Greg's younger brother and is even more spoiled than Rodrick and Greg combined. Manny is extremely selfish and not caring at all for his brothers. Manny isn't good at potty. He does what ever he wants at home and does not even gets into trouble. parents thinks its too cute on what Manny did when he drew pictures on the door. Manny reminds me of my little boy, yes my son does sometime tattle tells on his siblings but who doesn’t do that.


My Prediction: By Margie
My prediction in this story is while walking to school; Greg and Rowley will be looking for some Halloween candies and eating them. I also predict that both boys will become sick from eating all those candies they find on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment